Want to know how to buy auction vehicles in Japan in 5 easy steps? Read on…
1- Register With Get Cars Japan
Complete the free registration process with Get Cars Japan Ltd. for full access to ALL cars available for export in ALL Japanese auctions. Your account will be activated as soon as possible.
2- Pay Deposit
Get Cars Japan, Ltd. members are required to pay a JPY security deposit before bidding. This can be paid by PayPal or TT, and is fully refundable. The deposit amount is subject to change for expensive vehicle purchases.
3- Choose Your Car
Get Cars Japan Ltd. will not try to sell you a car. Using our live auction search engine you can browse & find your desired vehicle. We guide, support, and provide translations, assistance & opinions along the way. All vehicles can be found by lot number, chassis, model etc. plus you can fine tune your search by adjusting the year, mileage & engine size parameters
Click on the lot number for a vehicle of interest and when the car page opens you have more functions at your fingertips such as month of production, catalogue data and statistics sales for average prices and recent sales history.
If you wish to make a bid, type a JPY (Japanese Yen) amount into the white box above “Enter a bid or request information” button and click to submit
If you only require more information or a translation of the auction inspection sheet, then select USD and do not enter an amount. You may add comments or questions in the text box before submitting.
For assistance go to our GCJ Auction User Guide
4- Pay For Vehicle Purchase
Once your bid is successful, you will be notified by email immediately & receive an invoice the same day. For one time buyers, you may pay the balance (total cost minus JPY 30,000 deposit). For regular buyers, we recommend leaving your deposit with us to avoid bank transfer charges.
N.B. The total cost will consist of:
- Sale price of the vehicle
- Our FOB/Export fee (discount JPY 65,000 / standard JPY 75,000)
- Transportation to nearest shipping yard for immediate export. (usually around JPY 5,000 but can be more for certain auctions)
- A JPY 2500 banking fee charged by our bank to receive international TT.
To summarize: Auction price + Export fee + Transport to dock + Bank fee.
With all purchases, you just need to pay your account, and we handle the rest.The first available ship will be booked and you will receive all documents by registered mail and your vehicle at your chosen port.
Get Cars Japan Ltd. Commission Fee Structure
Most companies acting as a proxy agent for overseas buyers in Japanese auctions charge between JPY 70,000 to JPY 100,000.
At Get Cars Japan Ltd. we understand that this is a lot of money to invest in a deposit, and that we need to be competitive to succeed in this business. For this reason we have set both our commission and the security deposit at the bare minimum.
- Discount FOB = JPY 65,000 (for payments received within 3 working days)
- Standard FOB = JPY 75,000 (for payments received within 7 working days)
- Note: A 2 percent surcharge applies for vehicles over JPY 700,000. See our Terms of Trade for more information on higher priced vehicles.
Please Contact us to discuss FOB for large or heavy vehicles and extra charges for container shipping.
The FOB/export fee includes but is not limited to:
- Confirmation on the details of vehicle
- Internet search & translations as well as advice on each purchase
- The purchase of vehicle at auction, including auction fees
- All communication & business with auction & shipping companies
- Arranging transportation to closest port
- Deregistration & export certificate application for the vehicle
- Providing English translation of Export Certificate
- Customs clearance and export procedures in Japan, including shipping yard fees
- Sourcing & EMS postage of the documentation necessary for you to clear your vehicle from customs upon arrival
- Providing 10 additional photos once vehicle reaches port
- Radiation testing
- Location of spare parts
- Bill of Lading and other document fees
- Marine insurance