While it is very rare, from time to time a vehicle is damaged during transit. Hoegh Autoliners accepts claims to consider whether the damage was caused by mishandling while the vehicle was in their care. Below are some guidelines for customers. This claim needs to be filed with Hoegh in the destination country.
In order to file a claim, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- A signed delivery receipt/record;
- First notice of loss sent to Höegh Autoliners and/or Agents and any correspondence exchanged with Höegh Autoliners and/or their agent regarding the claim;
- Copy of invitation to attend a joint survey within Port premises sent to Höegh Autoliners and/or Agents;
- Survey report of the inspection conducted with Port premises with original photographs or other documentary evidence to show the extent of the damage;
- Detailed repair invoice/s for any repairs/expenses incurred or itemized estimate of repair costs.
Also, please be advised that the Claim filing procedure is posted in our website https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/ , in Customer Guidelines under Customer Centre.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the procedures before ship arrival so as not to be caught out by not having the vehicle checked in time for damage, or by having it released too early.